1. It is one of the best cardio and HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout.
2. Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour (now that’s really high!). Therefore, it can basically be called an effective fat-melter.
3. Skipping exercise burns more calories in comparison to running. At the same time it does not require you to go outdoors. It can be done anywhere.
4. It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility. Most of the runners, boxers and other athletes jump rope for training.
5. Skipping gives a full-body workout. It is especially great for toning and developing thighs, shins and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on abs and arms.
6. It engages and improves the hip-flexor muscles.
7. Studies show that skipping exercises put lesser pressure and is less shocking for the joints than running. It is a lower impact exercise than running and therefore a better option.
8. It improves cardiovascular health as it improves the heart beat rate. It is beneficial for blood pressure patients.
9. Skipping can be done by anybody and everybody, from beginners to advanced level.
10. It is also known to help in improving bone density.