Athletes and runners, register for our 5-week Running & Yoga Clinic.
Dates: Monday, September 8 to Monday, October 6
Time: 5:20pm sharp (warm-up begins at this time)
The run will be designed to accommodate runners of all abilities. We will run for 15-20 minutes, then turn around and run back to the gym the way we came. Participants run at their own pace; we will all join up again on the return run.
After the run (and starting at 6:15pm) there will be a 60-minute yoga class. This class is also designed for all skill levels.
Space is limited. To register, text Dave Johnson at 519-571-4949, phone the SydFIT Health Centre at 519-571-1369 or email Eryn at email@example.com
For more details, click here.
The primary episode of the “Dangerous” Denton Daley documentary series, which follows Denton on the road to becoming World Champion, was released this week by videographer Adam Rochon of Respecting the Process.
Click here to view the first episode.
Denton, who started boxing in 2007, trains at Boxing By Syd Vanderpool, at SydFIT Health. He won a silver medal at the Canadian Nationals in his second year training and competing as an amateur boxer and ended his amateur career with 22 fights; 19 of those being victories.
He recorded his first professional win in 2010 with a third round technical knockout in front of 4000+ spectators.
Currently undefeated, “Dangerous” Denton Daley (12-0, 6 KOs) is positioned to bring the world cruiserweight title back to North America.
Changes and additions coming soon which are based on members’ feedback.
- More heavy bags and punching equipment (double end ball etc.)
- Increased open gym time and more space for boxing and functional training
- Lil’s Gym moves into the Yoga studio area
- Increase in personal training hours available
Bootcamp & Small Group Training
- Where Lil’s Gym is currently located will become a functional training zone (battle ropes, kettle bells, medicine balls, trx, etc.)
- Push yourself with our new BOOT CAMP classes! (details coming soon)
- Designed for your needs and goals our small group training is personal and affordable (details coming soon)
- Relocating to the new Wellness Area
- More drop-in classes will be offered
Congratulations to Bradley “B-Smooth” Hamil on your gold medal win at the Ringside World Championships in Kansas City, MO.
Joining Bradley at Ringside was Shawn “The Flurry” Murray who had 2 great bouts but unfortunately lost his semi-final fight. Both fighters did Boxing by Syd and the SydFIT Health Centre proud.
The Ringside World Championships is the largest amateur boxing tournament in the world. This unique spectacle draws athletes from around the globe and provides amateur boxers with a competitive opportunity second to none.
BADASS Dash™ has 4 divisions for you to select from, the choice is yours
Race day: September 13, 2014
Training starts: Tuesday, July 15 (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00pm to 7:00pm @ SydFIT)
SydFIT Health’s Training Packages
$95.00 – 2 days/week for 8 weeks preparation (Bonus 5 Yoga classes included!)
$55.00 – 1 day/week for 8 weeks
$15.00 – per class drop in
Email syd@boxingbysyd today to reserve your training spot and get on the TEAM!
What is the BADASS Dash?
30 BADASS obstacles sprawled across a 7K course create the ultimate adventure race and obstacle course challenge. The BADASS Dash benefits Autism Speaks, working together with the goal of overcoming obstacles for Autism.
BADASS Dash Divisions
- RECREATION DIVISION – Run, Jog, Walk or Crawl – It’s your personal challenge! Conquer 25+ obstacles sprawled across a 7K course! To participate in the Recreation Division you must be 14+ years of age. JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
- ELITE TRAINED DIVISION - This division is for the avid athlete, first responders, military, and the ultra competitive. If you’re focused on the competition and your race time this is the division for you! There’s no skipping obstacles in this division; increased difficulty with additional obstacles, terrain and / or distance or modified obstacles to really make you stand out! To Participate in the Elite Division you must be 18+ years of age. JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
- K-9 COMPANION DIVISION - The first of it’s kind! Bring your dog to take part in the 5-9 K-9 obstacles specifically designed / modified for you and your dog! So, the time is now — bring Fido out for a real challenge! JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
- KIDS DASH - Take part in the Kids Dash with divisions for 4-6 and 7-13 year olds with obstacles designed just their size. Make it a family affair and bring your kids out to a fun and exciting challenge. JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
While most people focus on TGIF’s, we focus on TGIM! We love Mondays at SydFIT. It’s the start of a new week, with new goals to look forward to setting and achieving. With this in mind, I have started the SydFIT Motivation Mondays blog.
Your comments, suggestions, questions and input on the blog are encouraged and welcomed. Bookmark my blog and visit it every Monday for that extra shot of motivation.
– Syd Vanderpool, Elite Trainer & Owner of SydFIT Health