BADASS Dash™ has 4 divisions for you to select from, the choice is yours
Race day: September 13, 2014
Training starts: Tuesday, July 15 (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00pm to 7:00pm @ SydFIT)
SydFIT Health’s Training Packages
$95.00 – 2 days/week for 8 weeks preparation (Bonus 5 Yoga classes included!)
$55.00 – 1 day/week for 8 weeks
$15.00 – per class drop in
Email syd@boxingbysyd today to reserve your training spot and get on the TEAM!
What is the BADASS Dash?
30 BADASS obstacles sprawled across a 7K course create the ultimate adventure race and obstacle course challenge. The BADASS Dash benefits Autism Speaks, working together with the goal of overcoming obstacles for Autism.
BADASS Dash Divisions
- RECREATION DIVISION – Run, Jog, Walk or Crawl – It’s your personal challenge! Conquer 25+ obstacles sprawled across a 7K course! To participate in the Recreation Division you must be 14+ years of age. JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
- ELITE TRAINED DIVISION - This division is for the avid athlete, first responders, military, and the ultra competitive. If you’re focused on the competition and your race time this is the division for you! There’s no skipping obstacles in this division; increased difficulty with additional obstacles, terrain and / or distance or modified obstacles to really make you stand out! To Participate in the Elite Division you must be 18+ years of age. JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
- K-9 COMPANION DIVISION - The first of it’s kind! Bring your dog to take part in the 5-9 K-9 obstacles specifically designed / modified for you and your dog! So, the time is now — bring Fido out for a real challenge! JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
- KIDS DASH - Take part in the Kids Dash with divisions for 4-6 and 7-13 year olds with obstacles designed just their size. Make it a family affair and bring your kids out to a fun and exciting challenge. JOIN THE SYDFIT SUPERSTARS TEAM
While most people focus on TGIF’s, we focus on TGIM! We love Mondays at SydFIT. It’s the start of a new week, with new goals to look forward to setting and achieving. With this in mind, I have started the SydFIT Motivation Mondays blog.
Your comments, suggestions, questions and input on the blog are encouraged and welcomed. Bookmark my blog and visit it every Monday for that extra shot of motivation.
– Syd Vanderpool, Elite Trainer & Owner of SydFIT Health
Date: Sunday, July 27
Time: 9:30am to 6:00pm
Place: SydFIT Health Centre, 3-1253 King St. E., Kitchener, ON N2H3K9
There is a 45 minute lunch included. Although these three modules are offered in a bundled format you may register individually for any of the three.
Make Ethical Decisions (3.5 hours)
Suitable for all coaches, regardless of the type of athlete they are working with.
By successfully completing the Make Ethical Decisions workshop you will be fully equipped to handle virtually any ethical situation with confidence and surety. MED is one of the NCCP’s cornerstone workshops, and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough.
Upon completing the MED module you’ll be able to:
- Analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications
- Apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to each situation in a way that is consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics.
Nutrition (75 mins)
Suitable for Instructors, Community and Competition Coaches
After taking the Nutrition module you will be able to:
- Determine if foods and beverages consumed by your athletes before, during and after training are adequate
- Offer suggestions for more suitable food and beverage alternatives when necessary
- Gain a better understanding of the best way to promote healthy food choices that are consistent with basic sport nutrition principles to both athletes and their parents
Basic Mental Skills (3 hours)
Suitable for Instructors and Competition Coaches
The Basic Mental Skills module gives you the ability to:
- Recognize signs indicating that an athlete may need to improve his/her goal setting, focus, and anxiety control skills; and develop tools to help the athlete to make improvements in these areas
- Run simple guided activities that help athletes improve basic mental skills.
Family yoga is an opportunity for a parent and child or the whole family to explore the depths and joy of assisted poses including breath, bandhas and perhaps some flying asanas for the children. This all-levels, light-hearted class is designed to promote active living and family connection for all ages.
Instructor Jayne Hembruf says that teaching yoga to all ages and abilities is her specialty. To date she has taught over 3,000 yoga classes, taken over 600 hours of yoga teacher training, and practiced yoga for over twenty years.
Family Yoga at SydFIT starts Monday, June 30.
$25 per family (1 adult max 2 kids) per class
8 weeks for $175 (a $25 savings)
Current SydFIT members will receive a 15% discount
**all prices are plus applicable tax**
For more details contact Eryn at 519-571-1269 or email@example.com.
Over the last couple of months, the Young Champions program at the SydFIT Health Centre has nearly doubled in size, which is very exciting.
We love seeing the growth not only of the program but in the children who attend. We see their skills improve but, most of all, we see the growth in who they are as young people
Click here to view our current newsletter and learn more about what SydFIT Health has to offer children and families.